happy evening
I went to see one of my favourite bands play tonight and it was awesome :) I've seen them a couple of times before, but this was the best - only 10 minutes walk from home, too. They mostly played stuff from the new album, which I didn't know since I only bought it tonight, but the only song they played from my favourite album was my very favourite one so I was happy. A few song earlier they said they were going to play a song about being apart from a loved one and the crowd started cheering (including me, hoping it was my favourite) but one of the band members scolded us for getting ahead of ourselves because they have at least four songs that could describe. They also played a couple on the theme of enjoying nice weather - as he said, they're big on thematic consistency. At the end when they came back for an encore people were calling out requests. One guy yelled "My Heart Will Go On" so the lead singer did a great falsetto rendition of the chorus. A couple of housemates who hadn't heard any of their music came with me and they enjoyed the show too, which was good. I'm very sleepy now, but I wanted to record some memories now and put something happy in here, instead of the usual whingeing. I also went to see a performance of Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem last night so it's been a nice musical weekend so far.
1 Comments:
Sounds like a great night!
Post a Comment
<< Home