(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Friday, July 29, 2005

hooray for real!

two days after it was due, I finally sent off my thesis proposal! I wish I'd started it earlier, because the most painful thing about it was trying to write about stuff I really didn't know. After I spoke with my advisor yesterday and he suggested big changes in organisation, it was actually a lot easier and more interesting. You'd think I'd have learnt by now that it's better to do things ahead of time... Now I just have to write a powerpoint presentation and try not to freak out over the fact that people are going to be asking me scary questions about this stuff next week... oh, and reading all those papers I cited but haven't read would help too, probably...

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

(Stomps feet) Whoo-hoo!!! Clap clap clap clap clap!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Scrivener said...

Congratulations! Glad it's turned in.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

thanks :) I feel kind of bad making such a big deal out of this since it's shouldn't really have been so painful. I can't imagine actually writing a thesis...
I feel like I should be celebrating or at least relaxing, but I'm stuck making powerpoint slides instead. I did just spend... eek! 3 hours drawing pretty pictures for my slides, but I should really start doing the actual content...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home