panic time
I finally had to reveal to my advisor today the fact that I still haven't written my proposal that is due in less than 2 days... I was planning to have a draft done by friday, then that turned into today and it still didn't happen. My advisor is incredibly nice so he tried to make me feel better about either getting it in late, or it not being very good. He also tried to be helpful by asking what part I was having trouble with. I didn't think "figuring out how to shut up the screaming voices in my head telling me it's all crap and I'm completely clueless and if anyone were to see it they'd immediately realise they made a huge mistake ever letting me into Prestigious University and kick me out in disgrace" would seem like a reasonable response, so I mumbled something about just having trouble getting started. I think I gave the impression that it's even worse and less complete than it is (if that's possible) so at least I've set the bar nice and low. A postdoc in the lab gave me some tips too, including "go somewhere there's no internet, because if you keep looking for that one extra paper that will give you a better idea, you won't get it done". Yeah, 'cause I'm refreshing bloglines every 5 seconds looking for more references...
1 Comments:
Good luck! We're pulling for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home