(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

search engine fun

I've actually had a few people find my blog via google now, which is exciting. Mostly it's people trying to figure out if silverjewelryclub.com is a scam (it worked well for me, if you get this page instead of the original post now) but finally I got something a little more unique:
"touch football" site:blogspot.com -iraq -"show-offy" -backyard -butt -crab -death -handicapped -dies -daughter
Are there really that many blogs about all those extra terms that you have to filter them out to get anything meaningful? It obviously didn't filter out enough because the person went all the way through to page 10 to find me.

Update: I also got my first piece of comment spam within seconds of posting this. Does this mean I'm a real blogger now?

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

You've been a real blogger for ages now. It means that Blogger has been inundated with comment spam since you left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home