dinner blogging
I'm just now eating at 10pm but that's a good thing for a change. For the first time this week I've actually cooked a meal, instead of snacking on halloween candy (I'm starting to think it would be useful in more ways than one to do Andrea's diabetes awareness challenge...). I made squash risotto and it turned out surprisingly well. I've never made risotto before (other than the cheating kind where you put everything in the oven and it magically turns into risotto), plus I'm not a huge fan of squash in general, but this was one of about 3 vegetarian recipes in my book. The portion sizes are huge, though, so now I have enough left for at least 3 more meals.
I have a couple of questions though for anyone who knows about these things: can I store my leftover rosemary somehow? and can I microwave the leftover risotto or will it not be as good?
6 Comments:
Risotto is perfectly microwaveable, although it never is quite as good as when fresh. Make sure to add a bit of water when you nuke it to loosen it up some. I love making risottos, and I reject any suggestion that something prepared in an oven is a risotto.
Pat the rosemary dry (if wet) and put it in a ziplock bag in the fridge. It should keep for at least a week, and maybe even two.
Maybe if you add a bit more cheese or butter when you nuke it, it might restore some of the creaminess better. I've never tried that.
thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how the extra cheese/butter turns out (it's not like more cheese could ever make something bad, anyway).
How did it turn out?
I tried it on Saturday, but I didn't think I added enough cheese so I thought I'd wait and try it again before passing judgement. I had the second reheated serving yesterday with even more cheese and it was better than before, but still not anywhere near as good as when it was first made. I'll definitely be making risotto again so I'll keep experimenting.
So basically it's good if you use so much cheese so that the risotto is essentially a cheese-delivery vehicle? Gotcha.
Post a Comment
<< Home