(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, November 06, 2005

fun-filled weekend

This weekend is much busier than last, when I was whingeing about having nothing to do. I'm going to the art museum tomorrow and a movie (our second attempt at seeing Wallace and Gromit, since I was late last week and we had to see Elizabethtown instead).
Today, in addition to the Ben Folds concert, I met up with the delightful Scribbler-Blue family at the Museum of Science in Boston. Phantom has already written a much more entertaining account of the afternoon's activities than I could, but I'm beginning to suspect the inadequacy schtick may make her a not-entirely-reliable narrator. For instance, I thought it was very creative of LG to scoop up pasta sauce with his potato chips. He was also very well behaved throughout the exhibits. I guess my previous experience with taking kids to museums (consisting of going with my borderline-ADHD brother when I was a kid myself, and repeatedly restraining a family friend's 3 year old from flinging herself over the barrier that stood between her and a 2 storey drop) may be skewed, but I was impressed that he watched another kid climb into the Tyrannosaurus Rex display and stand on its feet and then merely continued his balancing act around the edge, rather than joining in. Baby Blue's radiant smile won her new friends in almost every room and both kids, as well as their parents, were remarkably tolerant of having a silent stranger follow them around all afternoon. Thanks for a lovely afternoon, Scribbler-Blues :) If you're ever looking to adopt, I am already potty-trained, although I don't think I've quite mastered talking.

4 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

how fantastic that you got to meet them!!!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Ah, your reports of being a silent stranger are greatly exaggerated! You chatted quite effectively whenever the decibel level in the museum allowed it.

Anytime you're looking to be adopted, you're on. We can offer you all the Halloween candy you can eat, and thousands of hours of Thomas the Frickin' Tank Engine videos.

I hope you have a fun time at the art museum! LG has been asking to go there, too. Shudder!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

mmm, candy and TtFTE - you're making it sound even more appealing, Phantom :)
The art museum was fun, but I noticed at least one LG-aged kid who was reduced to trying to decipher the writing on my bag for entertainment. Although, there was a significant lack of colour in that room.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I thought so. I mean, re: the inadequacy shtick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home