semi-productive procrastination
I replied to 8 emails tonight that I've been putting off for up to a month. I've been meaning to write these messages for all that time, but was avoidant enough to ignore them. So why write them now? Obviously, I have something far worse to avoid. My therapist assigned me homework last time because it was obvious that I avoid thinking about anything that goes on there in between sessions. I did think about what I would write for the homework (it's a worksheet to fill in about thoughts and feelings at times of stress) a couple of times, but I haven't actually filled anything out. I'm actually not even sure where the sheets are now, but my appointment is at 8am tomorrow so I guess I'd better find them... I wanted to go to bed early tonight too.
update: someone please write a post so i can read that instead of trying to fill in this sheet..
1 Comments:
I know the feeling .... I'm never so productive as when I'm avoiding something worse!
Post a Comment
<< Home