(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Thursday, December 22, 2005

AARGH!!!

I just commented on a labmates blog without realising it was someone I knew! Luckily I didn't use this username, or this blog would've been deleted by now... When I clicked on the link, I thought it was possible that I knew who it was, but I opened a bunch of new tabs at once and by the time I got round to his, I'd forgotten I thought I might know the person. I really hope he doesn't pay too much attention to his sitestalker stats... It's not like I said anything bad or embarrassing and if I'd used my real name I'd be fine with owning my comment (although I wouldn't have said part of it because of what I know about him from RL), I just don't like admitting to any of my made-up usernames IRL because... hmm, basically because it might show some hint of personality. It's an incredibly boring username, really, but still, for some reason the idea that anyone might see anything I made up makes me incredibly paranoid that they'll use it to divine all the character flaws and idiocy I'm trying to hide and judge me for them (which is also why I completely freaked out when my therapist suggested painting at our next appointment, since expressing myself verbally isn't working).

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

We're not judging you, so perhaps he wouldn't either. Maybe he'd just find you more interesting than you've thus far let on.

But I know what you mean. I had a bit of a sitestalker freak out myself this afternoon.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

hmm... somehow internet people don't count, even if I've met you in real life. Maybe it's because I never really tried any pretence of being normal here, in the first place.
I hope you didn't get found out either :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home