(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

grumpy day

I wonder if whining every day has made me grumpier, or if today really did just suck. Not that anything bad happened, my tolerance was just even lower than usual so I was reduced to tears by the slightest thing: the horrible beeping noise of my alarm, the way it kept going off every 5 minutes, the fact that despite the noise I still managed to stay in bed until 9.30am, the icy cold wind when I'd forgotten my scarf, the fact that I arrived at 11am again (at least it was better than yesterday's record of 11.45), the never-ending, mindnumbing monotony of pipetting, dropping (and spilling) one of the plates, the battery in the pipette dying, the horrible beeping noise it made to let me know it was dying, missing the learn-to-knit social event. Now I have to go and buy a secret santa present for my house's present exchange later tonight and I don't feel at all in a festive mood. I also really need to post presents home or they won't get them in time (I'm already late enough that I have to pay extra). It's all too much effort...

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's pipetting?

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

sucking up some liquid into a disposable plastic tube and squirting it out somewhere else. It's usually what they show people in white coats doing on the news while they talk about the latest "cure" for cancer etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home