(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Monday, December 12, 2005

help needed

the remaining days of whinemas are still to come... I've just wasted the weekend messing up my already unhelpful sleep patterns. I need some help now, though. I think I'm going to adopt a dolphin for my dad and his wife for christmas, since they don't really want more stuff. The adoption form asks for a name and I'm not sure whether to name it or leave it as "dolphin #whatever". Anyone have any good dolphin names?

7 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name it after one of Santa's reindeer? (If your dad and his wife are Christmas people.)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Did you ever read Madeleine L'Engle's A Ring of Endless Light? The dolphins in that book were Una, Nini, Ynid, Basil, Norberta, and Njord. Not that I'm recommending Njord, you understand...

What a cool gift, by the way.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I like the reindeer idea, New Kid, thanks. I was thinking I'd just go for generic, but there are already 16 Flippers. My other generic name was Spike. I'm thinking maybe Rudolph now (Ru-dolph, get it!). My favourite dolphin name listed on the site is Swimminy Flippert, though.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

oh, cool idea, Phantom. I don't think they'd get the reference, though, and I'm worried if I come up with something too interesting they'd just think I'm weird, hence the leaning towards generic names...
You can "adopt" pretty much anything it seems. I was very tempted by the pandas, polar bears and snow leopards, too :)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I think something generic would be pretty fun... Like Dolphin Ax74B. But can they somehow name it themselves?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

Dolphie, Dolph Lundgren, Mr/Mrs. I'm-Not-A-Fish-I'm-A-Mammal, Shamu, Albacore, Bottles McNosey, Ted

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

B*, I would much rather leave it for them to name, but I think you have to fill in a name now for the adoption certificate.
sheepish :) I like Bottles McNosey, but I think that might make them think I'm weird and I try not to let it show... maybe I need to adopt my own dolphin. There is one dolphin listed as "Sushi"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home