(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, December 04, 2005

On the sixth day of Whinemas, the troll gods sent to me...

6 hours of daylight
  • for which I was awake, anyway. As you may have noticed, I'm not a morning person so daylight savings is pretty much wasted on me. I'd much rather save the daylight at the end of the day so that I don't end up feeling like I should be curled up in bed with a book (or my laptop) by 4.30pm. Although, I suppose I mightn't ever make it out of bed in the first place if it were even darker in the mornings. I may adjust to the temperature here somewhat, but my internal light meter still tells me it's time to leave work when it starts getting dark. This means that in winter I'm ready to go by 4pm and in summer I feel vaguely guilty leaving before 8pm. The extra evening sunlight in summer is fantastic, but I'm not quite sure it's worth the gloom of winter...
5 doomed mice
4 sentences
3 sad tales
2 blistered heels
and a huge lack of motivation

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Steph Youstra said...

I like the Whinemas ... very cute!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Mornings are wasted on me, too. I wish we'd "spring ahead" and STAY there all the time.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

How about if we just add an extra hour every couple of weeks? That would work for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home