(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Monday, December 12, 2005

On the tenth day of Whinemas, the troll gods sent to me...

10 fingers freezing
  • I think I may be recycling a lot of whines for this series, but I think that just makes them extra whiney. I lost one of my nice, cosy, warm gloves I got for my first trip to the frigid expanse that is the Northeastern US, but that happened long enough ago that it isn't really today's whine. I got a new pair of even cosier (gah! American spelling is getting to me... I just wrote cozy and had to change it. Both spellings look pretty weird, actually), fuzzy gloves before it started to get cold and I was looking forward to wearing them. Unfortunately, the lovely material they're made from has absolutely no heat-loss-prevention abilities and my fingers went numb the first time I wore them (despite it not even being that cold). I thought about getting mittens, since they're supposed to be warmer (plus they're so cute! Another thing to make me feel like I'm in a storybook) but the warmest ones I found only seemed to come in bright orange or red. I'll be wearing my enormous ski gloves soon...

9 emails waiting
8 grumpy x-mates
7 laptop symptoms
6 hours of daylight
5 doomed mice
4 sentences
3 sad tales
2 blistered heels
and a huge lack of motivation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home