(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

fours

I got tagged! I know tagging can be too much like picking teams and people always get left out, but it's still exciting to get tagged. Thanks New Kid!


Four Jobs You've Had

1. hearing my mum’s learning disabled students read when I was 14 (highlight: being mistaken for a teacher; lowlight: realising I had no clue how to help one kid even realise he was pronouncing K as T)
2. McDonald’s lackey (I will share my McD’s adventures, as requested, when I have more time)
3. university maths tutor (for once I actually knew what I was talking about! It helped that they only ever asked about the problems that were due that day, of course)
4. lab slave in a biomedical research lab (when I wrote up a resume for my grad school applications I had to ask numerous people before I found out what my actual job title was)

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
1. The Princess Bride
2. The Truth About Cats and Dogs
3. The Fisher King
4. Amelie

Four Places You've Lived
1. new house on the (then) outskirts of Overgrown Country Town, Commonwealthland
2. old house now classed as almost inner-city in same OCT
3. Prestigious University residence halls
4. current house 10 minutes walk from Prestigious University (plus, I sublet a place a block from here for the first summer too, so that brings the total to 5 different buildings!)

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch (although I haven’t watched them in a long time)
1. Spaced
2. Teachers
3. Scrubs
4. Malcolm in the Middle

Four TV Shows Your housemates love, which you’ve therefore Actually Watched in the past year
1. The OC
2. Sex and the City
3. Project Runway
4. Gilmore Girls

Four Places You've Been on Vacation
1. Disneyland
2. Prague
3. London
4. a little island somewhere north of Gothenburg

Four Blogs chosen at random (yes, truly randomluckily it missed the people I know IRL)
1. Happy Ending (I think you commenting so much must have influenced the atmospheric noise, sheepish)
2. Neil Gaiman
3. Skeptico
4. Attempting Adulthood

Four of Your Favorite Foods (yes, I would live on desserts if I could)
1. poppy seed cake from a particular kebab shop at home
2. ice cream
3. carrot cake with cream cheese icing
4. cinnamon rolls

Four Places You'd Rather Be
1. a sunny beach in Commonwealthland
2. watching the polar bears
3. some snowy mountain, skiing
4. travelling in Europe

Four Albums You Can't Live Without
1. Radiohead, OK Computer
2. Augie March, Sunset Studies
3. The Whitlams, Eternal Nightcap
4. The Lucksmiths, A Good Kind of Nervous

Four Vehicles You've Owned
1. Strawberry Shortcake bike that came with training wheels
2. yellow bike with a flowered seat
3. English 3-speed bike that I’ve ridden about 3 times
4. oh, my brother’s little Suzuki hatch while he was overseas, although I only drove it a few times

Four people to tag (more random numbers – if your birthday falls on one of the following days of the month you’re it!)
1. 10
2. 21
3. 31
4. 22

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

have we already bonded over our mutual love for The Fisher King? I think so? But I love that you like this movie.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

It's ok, Lucy. You don't have to pretend that picking my blog was random. I'm fine with you admitting to the world that I'm your favorite blogger EVAH. *ahem* Right. Anyway...

Do you still ride the Strawberry Shortcake bike? Because that sounds pretty cool. Your vacation spots sound cool too.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

B*, I think so :) I'm tempted to get it again from netflix, in spite of my super-long queue.

sheepish, I almost chose new random blogs when I saw you were on the list, but I thought that would defeat the purpose of using random numbers. Sadly, I would not be able to fit on the Strawberry Shortcake bike now, but it was very cool. It had a little basket and everything (so does my new bike, which was part of the reason I got it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home