argh!
I got the email yesterday announcing the talk I have to give next week and now I'm freaking out. It's not a really big deal, since it's not especially formal, but there are going to be more and scarier people there than I'm used to speaking in front of. It doesn't help that I feel like I have no idea what I'm talking about. Most of the people who speak at this kind of meeting are post-docs, but the very few post-docs in my lab have already talked recently. Why did I have to choose a small lab with not enough post-docs to go around?? Damn interesting project and cool advisor...
Also, I'm a little concerned by the fact that my advisor, while going over my powerpoint slides, started asking me if I'm feeling okay about the project and still enjoying it and stuff. He started trying to convince me it was going to keep getting more exciting. He's so enthusiastic that I always feel more motivated after talking, or rather, listening to him; hopefully it'll last longer than a day this time...
1 Comments:
I really don't like giving presentations as well. Best of luck, and let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment
<< Home