baby steps
After so much whining and grumbling here, by Friday night I was thoroughly sick of myself. I also watched "Look At Me", which was very good, but I was about ready to smack the mopy daughter whose lack of self-esteem and negativity blinded her to the opportunities she had to make things better. Obviously I was annoyed with her because I recognised so much of myself. So yesterday I went to the gym! And cleaned my room! And made dinner with housemates and hung out with them. And today, I went to the gym again, and the library and grocery shopping! Yeah, I know, so exciting... but at least I left the house and more than once, even. Of course, none of this involved leaving my room before noon, so it probably won't help with being any more productive tomorrow, but I feel slightly better now.
11 Comments:
Hey, it's more than I accomplished this weekend! ;-)
I thought we had a deal to only post about stuff that sucks. Harumpf.
that's cool, angrygrad :)
shrinkykitten, I'm sorry. I did feel kind of guilty posting that. If it helps, I've been lying awake for the past 3 hours angsting over past mistakes and humiliations. I think all the trying to be positive is catching up with me already.
Oh jeez, I'm sorry, I hate those nights. I had a similar night, but more amorphous and woke up with a very anxious tummy.
You'd think I feel better knowing you are more angsty now, but suprisingly it doesn't. My schadenfreude brain section is just not lighting up right now.
rndrypi
(I like saying it)
I'm sorry you had a bad night, too and that I can't help with the schadenfreude.
Schadenfreude really only works towards people you don't like that much, I think.
Glad you had a good day.
Lucy -- sometimes I too find that running errands like that can be satisfying, after the fact. Just knowing that you're taking (physical) action to get things done. But sorry about your night (and shrinky's too).
Yay for you Lucy!
You know if you keep posting such good things, you're going to wear out those keys on my keyboard.
thanks for the encouragement, unfortunately I'm being even slacker in the lab than before. I didn't even realise such a thing was possible.
The gym? Oh my goodness. The gym? I need to lie down just thinking about all that energy. Good work. You will inspire me. But really? The gym? I'll have to think about it...
I know, it's very not-me, but I think that's actually a good thing
Post a Comment
<< Home