(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Friday, February 03, 2006

self-sabotage

Here's how I spent my day:
  • arrived at 11.30am
  • had to walk past my advisor to get to my desk
  • ignored his two emails all day so that he had to call me to get me to answer a question (I hate phones)
  • spent the first few hours IM-ing with former shyness-support-world friend
  • read blogs
  • avoided going to lunch with labmates
  • read more blogs
  • ate cookies for lunch, and chocolate pudding (and I'm still craving cake, or anything sugary and fatty enough to inhibit my hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and its pesky stress responses)
  • avoided doing my time-sensitive experimental step until after the last minute
  • messed up the centrifuge settings and lost half my cells
  • made OVS late for his experiment
  • ignored IM from friend at home
  • continued to ignore months old emails from other friends
  • avoided doing the five minute step that will save me a day next week
  • despite not doing anything useful (see previous point), sat here staring at my screen instead of going home
  • posted multiple versions of this stupid, grumpy post, thanks to blogger giving me errors (sorry about that)
aww, doesn't that look pretty with the cute l'il stars...
I've had the revenge scenario part from The Decemberists' The Mariner's Revenge running through my head all day. I'm not sure who I want to exact horrible revenge on, probably myself. I don't have anyone else to blame.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

I can so relate to your self-sabotage--sounds like a lot of the days I've been having recently too.

New day tomorrow, right? And the stars are very pretty. :)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

thanks :) I'm sorry you can relate, though... I hope tomorrow is better. It's a weekend, at least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home