states I've "visited"
Visited is a bit too strong a term, since in an attempt to not have a completely empty map I've stretched the meaning of "visit" to include time spent entirely in a bus or airport. I do like that I get credit for the whole of Virginia for not even noticing that when we crossed the river from DC we were in a different state.
create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.
(seen at Phantom's)
3 Comments:
You've really hit nearly all the good ones, ya know. Fill in the Pac-NW, hit Colorado, Utah, and Texas and you're done. Might as well nab Delaware for completeness sake too, plus the lovely local attractions (like beaches and stuff).
Oh, I suppose AZ and NM are ok too.
You just mentioned a pretty big proportion of the country :) It'd also be nice to see more of Chicago than the airport, and possibly stop somewhere in Rhode Island instead of driving straight through (actually, I'm not entirely sure now if I even drove through it - can you get from New Haven to Boston without going through RI?) Oh, and now I'm not so sure about Vermont either. I may have been thinking of New Hampshire... They're all such little states in that corner, I kind of assumed I'd driven through them all at some point. So it turns out I was making the map up more than I thought and I have a lot left to see.
Poor Delaware does seem to get skipped on a lot of people's maps. So the beaches are what people go there for?
Post a Comment
<< Home