(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

don't frown tulip, make a smile*

I got a tulip plant today, and a baby-daffodil plant. I hope I can keep them alive.
I'm feeling okay again today. I went to a birthday party last night and had fun, although I spent most of my time just listening and laughing at what other people were saying. I did feel a bit uncomfortable when other people were being silly and dancing and singing along to the music, because I couldn't join in and I have no idea how they manage to come across as silly and funny, instead of just awkward and embarrassing... I had fun anyway and it wasn't until I left that I started feeling bad about stupid things I said/did/didn't say/do.

(* Tulip by Augie March,)

10 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

The plants are beautiful, Lucy! (And I'm glad you didn't have an awful time last night!) :)

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun, and flowering plants are so lovely to have around!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Good on you, Lucy, for both the party and the flowers! You deserve to have a break from that abusive inner voice for awhile.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Honeybee said...

Since they're both bulbs, the plants will die once the flowers are done. If you want to try to plant the bulbs again, don't trim the leaves off, let them die naturally. Most people just toss those ornamental ones when they die though.

Glad to hear that you're ok at least and that you had fun at the party.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Sounds fun! Were there cool party games, like tail-less donkeys and pinatas?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Glad to hear that you got out and had some fun.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

sheepish, a few of us were eyeing the cranium box that was under the coffee table, but sadly no games were actually played.

honeybee, thanks for the advice. I've never had any bulb plants before. I figured they wouldn't last too long, but hopefully I'll remember to water them.

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you're still reading: Love the flowers. My fresh cut daffodils of last week are now dying a slow and unlovely death. Potted plants are clearly the wiser choice. And I'm glad you had lighter moments this weekend, but darn those post-fun critiques of stupid things said, etc. (I'm expert in those.)

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cranium! Especially the molding out of play dough part!

I too am an expert in the "social interaction rumination" milieu.

Hope all is okay.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

Hey, Lucy, where ya been all week? Hope things are going good and you're too happily busy to blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home