(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A - Zed

Seen many places. I copied and pasted from New Kid (and was tempted to keep some of the same answers)

Accent:
Commonwealthlandian. Actually, my voice is pretty bland, I think. People rarely guess where I'm from, although they can generally narrow it down to somewhere in the Commonwealth.

Booze: no, thanks.

Chore I Hate: all of them

Dog or Cat: Dog. I like cats in principle, but I'm allergic and the incredibly vicious cat we had when I was young put me off them a bit. My family used to have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and he combined the friendliness and bounciness of a dog with the snuggliness and sleeping-on-your-lap-ness of a cat, so I want one of them, again (plus they're so incredibly cute).

Essential Electronics: laptop

Favorite Cologne(s): I don't have one

Gold or Silver: silver

Hometown: I think I called it Overgrown Country Town

Insomnia: sometimes. Usually I just stay up so late I'm tired enough to sleep, anyway (e.g. right now)

Job Title: grad student

Kids: not for the forseeable future

Living arrangements: I share with housemates

Most admirable trait: um...

Number of sexual partners: You can probably guess.

Overnight hospital stays: None.

Phobias: people, crossing the bridge near my lab where the walkway is just made of wire mesh that I can feel sagging as I walk on it (I have to walk along the sole support beam down the middle, but someone always comes from the other direction so that I have to move)

Quote: I'm saving a couple from the book I just finished for posts. I've had this bit of a song that makes me smile running through my head for a couple of days, though:

I got a friend in Jesus, he's got a friend in me
He's a bit hung up on god, but we've agreed to disagree

Religion: None.

Siblings: 2 brothers

Time I wake up: every 5 minutes between 7.30 and 9am or so on weekdays, as late as possible on weekends

Unusual talent or skill: invisibility? Maybe I should just steal New Kid's answer; I can read pretty fast, too. My brother once took a speed reading class and wanted to show off what he learned, but I still beat him. That's how I've read a number of books twice, without realising until at least halfway through.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussel sprouts, cauliflower. I don't actually like any vegetables, but I'm willing to eat most of them.

Worst habit: being late, not replying to emails, avoiding people generally, not cleaning

X-rays: Teeth. I feel like there might be something else, but I'm probably imagining it.

Yummy foods I make: chocolate fudge fingers, pumpkin and rosemary risotto

Zodiac sign: Taurus.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm afraid that I also share your worst habits. I am often late, bad at replying to emails, from time to time try to be reclusive and avoid people, and of course, not cleaning. You are in good company on this.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger kermitthefrog said...

Mmm, pumpkin and rosemary risotto sounds really good. and plenty of parmesan...

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

I'm not sure what chocolate fudge fingers are, but I think I want some. And that's a cute breed of dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home