(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I wish, I wish I knew the right words...

...to make (me) feel better (currently listening to: Blow Up the Pokies by the Whitlams)

There was a post I wanted to write, but I don't think I can concentrate enough right now. I don't know why I'm still posting when I can't write anything. I want... something, but I don't know what. Comments? Attention? A hug? To kick something? Something to drown out the uneasy buzzing in my head?

6 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger betty said...

I don't really know if this is how you're feeling, but what you said made me think about how I used to feel sort of like my head was crowded and full of...something. Not thoughts really. Buzzing could be one way to describe it. I always felt then like I was seperated from everyone else and that disconnect was the only thing I could really focus on. It's really hard to do anything when you feel like that.

That was a really sucky time in my life. When that was going on, all I wanted was to make a connection with someone - anyone. I guess I felt like it would cut through all the crap in my head. Maybe that's why you feel like posting. I certainly feel that my blog is another way for me to connect with people. I wish I had it back then, when I really could have used it to help me get through some stuff.

Anyhow, even if I have it all wrong - I'm so sorry you're have a tough time right now. You know we're always here!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

To kick the attention-giving commenters who wish they could hug your buzzing head? Hmmmm, nevermind.

Maybe you just want a bit of interaction, without having anything specific you want to talk about? I have periods where I feel a little... blank, for lack of a better word - where I have absolutely nothing to say, but want to be around people, talking on the phone, or blogging or something.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Hugs. And attention. And feel free to imagine yourself kicking me.

If that helps.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

What Styley said. :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

that's pretty much it, betty and sheepish (except the kicking commenters part). Thanks, all of you. Radiohead and the Postal Service did an okay job of drowning out the buzzing until I got to sleep, but I still feel weird and blank. I think I definitely need an mp3 player.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

mp3 players are awesome. but I'm sorry about the buzzing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home