too stupid to leave the house?
I think I just need someone to push me to do everything in my life. I finally made it out of bed and I'm all ready to leave, but I'm just sitting here... Do you think I could get a helper dog for this? If I had a labrador to bring my bag over to me and tug on my jeans until I moved, I think it'd be a lot easier to get going.
10 Comments:
I totally get like this, too. The easiest way for me to get out of the house is by scheduling morning appointments. It's like a mental tug on my jeans, I guess.
But I don't think you're stupid. Just sayin'.
I wanted to comment on your apathy post where you'd see it...
I procrastinate too. I should probably get that book. One thing I've learned lately is trying to dig deeper into WHY I feel a certain way. You say you don't know what you're afraid of. This could backfire, but one way to figure it out is..."what's the worst that could happen?" For me, in my old lab I was paralyzed with fear about doing new techniques because my PI would literally yell at me when I did something wrong. New things always go wrong, therefore I did not do them.
So what are you afraid of at the lab? And how likely is that outcome? Is it really worth the fear?
I know for me I tend to overthink and overworry. When things go wrong they're rarely as bad as I imagined.
Some days I gave myself a pat on the back just for going to the lab, even if I did nothing.
I hear badgers are good at badgering. Maybe you could get one of those. Just sayin'.
It sounds like textbook depression to me, all of it. A helper dog, sure, but some involved helper professionals would be good, too.
Hugs to you, Lucy. There are an infinite number of ways to blame yourself, no?
I do that too, B*, but unfortunately I can't make appointments every day.
honeybee, I've been trying to figure out what I'm so worried about, but I can't think of anything specific. I don't actually feel anxious or scared when I try to make myself do something. It just seems like too much effort, especially compared to playing games.
a badger would be awesome, kermit! Although, I wonder if it would be tall enough to pull the covers off my bed in the mornings. Maybe I could get it some of those stairs for old/short pets. I wonder if they'd let a motivational badger on public transport.
Phantom... dammit! why do you have to be so insightful and make me cry all the time? It not being my fault just doesn't at all fit into my worldview...
This happens to me a lot. I sit on the bed - sometimes fully dressed - sometimes still in my pjs and just can't get myself to do anything. I just sit there, and can't really care enough to do anything, but feel like I should be doing something.
I'm sorry, Shrinky. That sucks. Somehow it's a lot easier to feel sympathy for you than for myself...
That's how it always works.
You should borrow one of my dogs. They're not particularly HELPFUL, but if you accidentally let them out of the house without a leash, at least one will be sure to run as fast as caninely possible and grab a cottontail rabbit by the neck and... well, it's good for forcing you out of the house, anyway.
Sorry you're feeling this way. I know how it is: I think I sat in the bathroom for 20 minutes this morning trying to work up the motivation to get in the shower.
Yes, pets actually force you to get up and do things. Somehow, they are great in making sure you get going. I love them for that!
I procrastinate too. Sometimes a lot!
Remember that so many people care about you and are thinking about you!
Hope things get easier for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home