(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Saturday, June 03, 2006

anyone want to hang out?

I'm bored and lonely. I want to talk to people, or just hang out. I can hear a bunch of people in the living room so I could leave my room and join them, but I don't want the anxious small talk kind of hanging out. I want to talk to someone(s) who already know me and don't hate me/think I'm a freak (or at least don't let it show), so I can just relax. I think I want a real-life comments party.

8 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Oh no! She asked for a comments party but the comments box was empty. That's not good.

But now I'm here, so the party can begin. Did anyone bring some nibbles?

No small talk, she says. Right, let's go for the big talk. Have you ever been in a situation where you were afraid for your life?

(That's the traditional question used in linguistics when we want to elicit lots of unselfconscious speech to use as data.)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

I think I skimmed over the bit in your post where you said you wanted a "real life" comments party. Either that or I am perpetually baffled by the concept of real life and refuse to make the distinction.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Sigh. I think she invited me to her party and went to bed before I turned up. How rude!

Or at least it would be if she had really invited me. Since I just gatecrashed, I guess it doesn't count.

I'm going to inspect her cupboards and fill a doggy bag before leaving.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Terminal Degree said...

I'll gatecrash, too.

Lucy, what about chatting in IM? Some of us could set up a meeting time...

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Damn time zones getting in the way of my partying! I was bored and lonely last night too and so would've joined in a commenting party, but I was in bed already!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

I was already asleep when this was posted. I'd be up for an IM party sometime!!! Email me.

I totally get the desire for real life comment parties.

Sometimes this desire has overwhelmed me to the point where I got on an airplane or got in a car or other people got in airplanes or cars and we saw each other in person... so... watch out! :)

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

sorry! I did just go to bed after posting this. The IM party is an excellent idea :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

We've been using Pilgrim/Heretic's blog as a sort of asynchronous comment party, but I like the scheduled party idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home