(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

paranoia, withdrawal and food blogging

I think I'm going to move back to my regular address soon. Nobody unknown from my town has looked at that blog and I've seen all of my housemates since Monday (amazingly!) and none of them acted remotely suspicious. I think I was just paranoid because I know the first thing I'd do, if one of them got a package with a blogspot url on it, is look it up online. Luckily, I don't think any of my housemates are as stalkerish and nosy as me :)
It's very strange not having my own computer. Every time I have some random thought, I feel the loss of instant access to the collective wisdom of the universe. I acted very indignant when a housemate worriedly offered the use of his laptop, because he was assuming I spend all my time online, but really that's true. I've been reading more this week, so I've still been hiding in my room a fair bit, but I have seen a bit more of my housemates than usual, too.
I've also eaten real dinners since my last post! I bought two of them, and Phantom generously provided a third when I went to play TtFTE on Monday (sorry to make you all jealous, but I got to hear LG and Baby Blue sing and see the live version of Bonus Conversations! As well as chat with the wonderful Phantom in between the Bonus Conversations).
My two new easy meals are:
  • Portabella mushroom sandwich with lemon & garlic mayonaise (mix mayo, lemon juice (3:1-ish ratio) and minced garlic and spread on bread/toast, add layers of tomato, baby spinach and sauted sliced mushroom)
  • Corn/black bean salad (1 tin corn, 1 tin black beans, ~1/2 a red onion, a spring onion, 1/2 a green pepper, 2 tomatoes, some garlic-flavoured rice vinegar - this made enough for 3-4 meals)
See how healthy they are? So many vegetables! And somehow they still taste good! I've still been eating some crap, but at least I'm getting some vitamins as well.

8 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Yum. Those sound fantastic. I make the corn/bean thing in the summer too. It's good with celery and tofu chunks added too, if you like those things.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Honeybee said...

I'm glad to hear your move was just you being careful and not a major breach! My stomach literally dropped when I saw those few lines up at the old url.

Also glad to hear you're eating "real" food again.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How mean of you to flaunt your ability to eat mushrooms right in front of me! It sounds so yummy.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Sheepish and I spontaneously said a collective "awww!" when we read that you got to see the live version of Bonus Conversations! I'm jealous of that for sure. And YAY for Real Dinners!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Laughing with Shrinkykitten. Me, too. (I can eat mushrooms, but they can cross-react with my mold allergies, so I usually avoid them.)

Also? I'm not sure that mushy pasta salad and a few greens qualify as a real dinner. But I'm glad you thought so.

We had an awesome time with you, and thank you for being extremely patient and tolerant with my two relentless conversationalists.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

sorry, Shrinky and Phantom. The best part about the sandwich was the lemon & garlic mayo, though, so you could substitute something else for the mushroom.
Phantom, it was very yummy pasta salad and anything containing vegetables is automatically a real meal :)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

But be careful, Lucy. You want to do everything in moderation. Keep mixing in some junk food with those veggies!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

Yum, that black bean and corn salad sounds great (so does the portabella...). My stomach is growling now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home