(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

restless

I've spent half the weekend in the computer lab, without doing any of the things I came here for. On Saturday, I meant to write a blog post or two, but I couldn't concentrate and ended up playing solitaire and minesweeper for hours instead. Today, I've done the same, with breaks to go wandering around outside when I couldn't stand the restlessness anymore (you people need to blog more so I have distractions :P). I'm having trouble sleeping, too. One of the problems is that I can't blog at home since I still don't have a computer, so when I'm thinking too much in the middle of the night, there's nothing I can do. Then when it's daylight, I don't feel like dwelling on what kept me awake, although it's still in the back of my mind, making me feel isolated and unhappy.
And now the weekend's over and I have to go back to lab, where I still haven't done more than the bare minimum and the student I'm working with keeps pushing to do more and more work.
Anyone feel like IMing? I can try not to be so grumpy while chatting :)

Updated: I just chatted with B* and Shrinky and now I feel much better. I always feel better after talking to cool people online. Maybe I should try talking to people in real life too. That sometimes does make me feel better, but not always.
I could write a blog post now, but what I was going to write was about something I was feeling sad about, so I'm not sure I want to write it when I'm feeling okay. Maybe I won't end up feeling so miserable, though, if I don't start out that way.

4 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

Sometimes it helps to write about the stuff you're sad about, even if it's not current stuff....

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger sheepish said...

But online people are much cooler than real life too, even if they're not real people.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Online people ARE real people! You of all people should know that, Sheepy!

Lucy, I liked talking with you and Shrinky, too. I wasn't up to managing a full chat room conference session, but a couple of good friends? Yep. That's just about what I needed last night, too, so thank you.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

online people are definitely cooler.
Thanks for chatting, too, B* :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home