I'm residence-less
for tax purposes, anyway. I'm a non-resident alien here in the US, which is fine, but I thought I could still call Commonwealthland home. Apparently not. I was trying to find a way out of having to start paying back my student loan debt, since my stipend, when converted into C'landian dollars looks like too much for me to still be an impoverished student (and really, I'm not at all impoverished here; I was just hoping that "student" might be enough for them to assume the impoverishedness and let me off). Unfortunately, non-residents still have to pay back loans. If I closed my interest-earning bank account, however, I wouldn't have to lodge a tax return at all, I think. I wonder if I'd get out of paying student loans then, or would they find some other way to track me down?
1 Comments:
They just changed the rules this year, to prevent people from moving overseas and never paying them back, unfortunately.
Post a Comment
<< Home