requests: part 2
I didn't forget about you!
- For New Kid again:
- more lab photos (aren't my plates pretty?)


- For B*:
- my favourite shoes are my blue shiny docs from Camden Market in London

- the thing I've owned the longest (that is in this country) is really this pin (gone now), from the first big trip my family took. I now have a couple of hundred pins from various places.
- the previous thing is coming down soon, so the thing I've owned the second longest is this comb I got from a My Child (wow, those are creepier than I remembered - I loved mine!) sample bag when I was 10. It's looking a bit worse for wear, but it's still the best comb for getting tangles out of wet hair. The matching brush and mirror disappeared long ago, but I probably still have the outfit in my doll collection at home. (My My Child was named Amelia Camille, in case you were wondering)


- For Angrygrad:
- I was going to take a photo of my attempt to make StyleyGeek's fudge, not long after the requests came in, but that was a bit of a disaster (I only realised in hindsight that the previous time I'd tested it, it had been at the soft boil stage) so here's a couscous salad (recipe at the bottom) I made for a picnic today

- For Luckybuzz
- here's where I sit to read (and do everything else... I spend most of my time here, in fact, but it's not usually this tidy). My walls look awfully bare...

- For Dr Brazen Hussy:
- the contents of my fridge (shared with others - the condiment collection, in particular, is communal)

Couscous salad:
mix: 1.5 cups dry couscous, 0.5 cups raisins/sultanas, 1tsp turmeric, 2 cups boiling water
cover for ~10mins (or however long it takes to chop up the rest of the stuff)
mix: 2 cups/1 tin chickpeas, 2 medium tomatoes (seeded and diced), 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 grated orange rind, 2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, a spring/green onion, the remains of the orange (chopped up pieces and juice)






8 Comments:
Great photos! Especially the ones from the lab.
This is fun! Thanks.
I am jealous of your pretty plates!
Were your labmates wondering why you took a picture of the glove?
I checked out those dolls - I don't think I've ever seen them before - but I didn't find them to be all that creepy - especially not in comparison to the dolls she shows on her other favorite dolls page. Yikes!
oh, I forgot I changed the link, Shrinky. The first My Child page I found made them look much creepier somehow.
The glove was blown up (not by me) by putting some dry ice inside, so it seemed reasonable to take photos of it with icicles hanging off the bottom.
BH, sadly the prettiness of my plates doesn't mean anything, scientifically
My mom has a bunch of those dolls--I find them pretty creepy.
Love the photo meme. :)
I love your sheets. Stripy is cool.
And I'm sorry your fudge didn't work. Usually over-boiling is better than under-boiling, but I guess there are extremes in both directions that you probably shouldn't go to :)
the fudge wasn't bad, styley, it just wasn't as creamy as yours looked. I'm going to try it again soon :)
Post a Comment
<< Home