snark
I stumbled across this outreach program for youth at risk of suicide or self-harm today and I'm sure it's better than the nothing it's replacing, but really... "You were looking for actual mental health services but we have no money, so instead, have some postcards with trite platitudes (take a walk! spend time with friends!) to alert everyone in your house that you've been struggling with depression/anxiety!"
3 Comments:
That is unfortunate...and I just don't think that this sentence: "The postcard gives young people a sense of community that they desperately need" is really getting to the root of the problem...
Why can't I get the link to work?
I'd totally be out of a career path if postcards worked. Though, it would save *me* a lot of time and money given my current shrink search.
I think their site is down, shrinky.
To be fair, they're not claiming to replace anyone like you; they're just trying to do something for the many people they don't have funds to help properly.
Post a Comment
<< Home