(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

random bullets

  • I finally get categories set up and blogger goes and launches a new beta version with labels... Oh well, I don't seem to have the option to switch to the beta yet, anyway. Although, it did freak me out this morning by having my realname google account information in the login boxes.
  • Despite not waking up until 9.30am (and only just barely making it to the 12pm seminar) I have been doing some work today - 2 of my conditions are significantly different! (Thanks again, Shrinky!)
  • The seminar was kind of depressing, because the person speaking is doing a very similar project to me, started at the same time or possibly even later, and has far better and more reproducible results
  • Also kind of depressing: the number of things in the "how to avoid graduating" guide from the grad carnival that I actually do (change my topic, decide there are huge flaws in the analysis and I need to start over, avoid backing up my computer, decide I need to learn new software etc)

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger ceresina said...

Now, see, I *hate* learning new software.
Probably slows me down just as much as learning it would.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

I am *very* impatient to try the new Blogger. Because I am a dork, who jumps at any excuse to procrastinate more. :)

Hooray for getting some work done! (Yes, I did see that positive bullet tucked in with those others...)

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger jeremy said...

I clicked over immediately to see if I got an invitation to the new Blogger in beta, but did not. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home