(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

random bullets of crap-I'm-flying-overseas-tomorrow*

  • I know I put a bunch of travel-related things away somewhere so they'd be easy to find next time I flew, so where are they?
  • I don't think I've travelled with multiple pairs of shoes before. Can't I just wear my hiking shoes with everything?
  • I handed in my letter to the bank today, but I still haven't got my visa form signed. Luckily, I know from experience they can do it at the last moment (I always seem to end up lugging my bags there on the way to the airport).
  • I didn't get time to go book shopping. Is it okay to take a library book out of the country? (at least the public library doesn't recall books if someone else requests them)
  • I just realised the airline I'm flying is part of one of the ever-changing frequent flyer consortiums I belong to. Yay! Now I just need to find my membership card...
  • I get to borrow the lab laptop, instead of taking my enormous, noisy one. Also yay!
  • I still have way too much crap. And it's all sitting in piles (or still in the dryer) and I want to go to sleep already...
  • I'm still lacking in conclusions for my talk, and poster, which has to be printed before I leave tomorrow, so I can't really go to sleep yet, anyway.
  • All the many things I'm sure to be forgetting can be obtained where I'm going, right?

I had things I wanted to blog about this week (this post (you can still comment, if you want to give me more material :) ), more LtEHB, more thoughts about clothes etc), but I haven't had time. I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have in the next couple of weeks, either. Don't post so much that I'll never be able to catch up, okay?


*at least it's still technically tomorrow

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Gosh! I feel so tired for you!

Hope you get everything you need done and wishing you the best for your trip!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger luckybuzz said...

I think it's fine to take a library book...and yes, you'll be able to get whatever you've forgotten! Have a safe trip and a good time!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I've taken library books out of the country several times, and so can you.

I hope you have fun with your international travel and your presentation! And I hope you got some sleep last night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home