(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

appropriate or inappropriate?

1. Little People in a circus
a) as acrobats
b) as comic relief
c) acting in a mock puppet theatre

2. Recorder
a) as a busking instrument in an enclosed space
b) at any time (outside of an early music performance)

3. An "advance directive party!" with free candy and brightly coloured pencils

Plus a question for the Commonwealth:
a) aeroplane: homonym for airplane, or 3-syllable word?
b) aeroport or airport?

4 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

1a okay
1b, 1c not

2a not
2b not

3 huh?

4 a 3 syllables
b airport

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

That's what I thought. The "advance directive party!" was promoting the idea of creating a living will to determine what treatment you get, if you become unable to make health care decisions for yourself.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jane Dark said...

1a, yes
1b, if they want to be. Who am I to say that they're not entitled to create comedy?
1c, I'm not seeing it, but again, if it's their idea...

2. Yes to either.

3. I would prefer to have a wake before I die.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

as I said, my initial answers were pretty much what Styley said, but then the "if they want to" question was why I posted the first part as a question. I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that most of the comedy seemed to be variations on "haha, you're small" rather than the kind the other performers were doing. But I also felt uncomfortable about my discomfort.

Perhaps I should have mentioned the quality of the playing in #2, as well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home