at least I'm safe from google
| HowManyOfMe.com | ||
|
If I use the short form of my first name, though, there are only 2 other people with my name.
(Seen at Chaos Theory)
Also, random bullets that don't deserve posts to themselves:
- My favourite part of online chemical safety training, from the definitions section:
Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH) = immediately dangerous to life and health
- Is it possible for something to "reflect more badly (on someone)"? That sounds ungrammatical, but the only alternatives that came to mind were worsely or badlier, which are clearly worse. Should I be ashamed of my woeful grammar skillz? I blame the whole language curriculum! (or whatever fad in education meant I never learnt what a preposition is)
9 Comments:
It says there is only 1 person in the US with my name. I suppose that would be me. I doubt there are too many of us, but I'm pretty sure there is at least one other as I couldn't get my name on hotmail as one string and I think she won the lottery in Cali....no lottery winning for Twirly now statistically I'm guessing!
There are three of me! Now I'm curious as to who the other two might be. What generation, at least. As for your second bullet, can't you just say "reflect worse on someone"?
Preposition is what you do when you rearrange the furniture before having a bunch of guests over for a party.
I'm one of 4. I was feeling badass until I saw people posting scores of 0(!), 1, and 3. And of the other three, one's a major in the USAF and another is a gun enthusiast.
0.
And you can say 'It reflects worse on me'.
Worse is the adjective and the adverb. That's why you can say things like, "I've been sleeping worse since I started eating an entire tub of ice cream before bed." (True story :) )
I don't believe their numbers. It says that there are 3 people in the US with my name. I have emailed with one of them (a friend of a friend knows her), and someone I went to grad school with knows another one of them. I can't believe that I know of EVERYONE in the US with my name.
I am guessing that they use a statistical method of guessing, but that it leaves out some of the realities of naming. Like how people with long and unwieldy last names might be inclined to give their children shorter first names. And that certain first-last combinations are more or less culturally unlikely, like you're more likely to see a Yao-Mei Lin than a Yao-Mei Goldberg.
Oh, and I remember getting calls from a collection agency for another person with my name. That's FOUR that I know already.
Why does worse get to be an adverb as well? I didn't think that sounded grammatical either, so I guess I should be ashamed.
Twirly, it could've been someone outside the US who got your hotmail name ahead of you.
Rudbeckia, that's pretty cool that you know so many people with your name, if it really isn't common. They claim to be using census data so I assumed they had actual lists of names, but that would be flawed, too. I wanted to see lists of the most/least popular names, too, since I was surprised that my brother has the 2nd most common first name.
I'm kind of jealous of all your rare and interesting names, but I do like that I'm difficult to find a web-presence for, and that I have a chance at plausible deniability, if my real name ever gets associated with my pseudonyms (I already knew there was at least one other person with my name at my undergrad uni, as well as here).
I like "total badliest" way better anyway.
It said that there was only one person in the US using the short version of my name, which I find hard to believe.
I love having a common name. If you Google my name, you come up with at least two other people who could reasonably be suspected to be me -- and they come up first. Take that, stalkers from my past!
For your last bullet, how about not pulling your rhetorical punches and just saying, "looks like more of an idiot [or whatever insult is most appropriate to the situation]?"
Post a Comment
<< Home