(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

could I be any less productive?

I guess I did do some productive playing with robots earlier today, which gave me some results to analyse. But now I'm just staring at the data in excel and aimlessly highlighting blocks of cells.

I was going to post more, but apparently I don't even have enough concentration for that.

Oh, one of my housemates was able to see her breath in her room last night, too, so now there is a big email discussion going on about whether to turn on the heat. I was so fireplacin' cold this morning, despite my pile of blankets, but somehow I still don't feel like my opinion should count so I haven't joined in...

I'm going to a procrastination group thingy starting tomorrow. I just signed up today; apparently they've had a lot of people signing up at the last minute, which made me smile. I'm not sure how useful it'll be, since it sounds like it's mostly discussion, but I figured it could at least be practice for therapy and the social anxiety group I've been avoiding deciding about. I mean, normal people procrastinate, too, right? So showing up doesn't necessarily mean they'll see through my pretending-to-be-normal act and maybe I can keep enough of it going to be able to talk. Or maybe I'll just sit there and listen to everyone else... and then they will see through it and I won't be able to go back.

I think I'll go back to aimlessly highlighting cells now.

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Well, I think the debate now is about whether it should only be on in the evening, and what temperature it should be, but the more environmentally conscious housemate's ideal temperature would not be a great improvement.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

space heaters ARE your friend!

Let me know what temperature you decide upon. I don't know where to set my heater.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I got home and the heat was on. Yay!

It's on 64, B*, so I guess the environmentally unfriendly housemate won.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger kermitthefrog said...

Robots are totally productive.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

okay, my house is at 63. plus, I use a space heater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home