perplexing google search
Most of my google search hits are people looking for songs or books I've mentioned, or wanting to know how to make puppets, but there's one very specific search that keeps coming up and I've no idea why. I keep getting hits for "green_lil_turtle". I've never actually used that combination of words, but for some reason google thinks that people searching for that might actually want the results for "sabotage_03", which was part of an auto-generated post url (apparently I've posted multiple times about self-sabotage). What the heck does a green turtle have to do with sabotage?
If you just found this post by googling "green_lil_turtle", what were you looking for and why did you think you might find it here?
6 Comments:
Weirder yet: I just googled that and it didn't return your blog...
Works just fine for me. When I google it, it takes me to the sabotage_03 link, just like I wanted to find (I guess?). Bizarre is the mind of Google.
you have to leave out the quotes, Styley.
Still not getting it. Even without the quotes. Even if I enter pig-puppet as well. I must be doing something totally bizarre.
Okay. Just got it. Turns out that the page www.google.com.au doesn't return it, even when I don't have "search only australian sites" clicked. But www.google.com does return it.
That freaks me out a little. I never realised there was a difference.
that's weird. Is google censoring countries other than China, as well?
Post a Comment
<< Home