(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

double the random reinforcement!

Lifehacker raved about the latest version of Google Reader recently, so when Bloglines broke over the weekend, I imported all my feeds over there. I figured I'd try it out and then pick whichever seemed better. Google Reader had the definite advantage at first, but now that bloglines is back up, I think it's a draw. Each reader seems to have a different subset of favoured feeds that show up immediately, while others don't get noticed for hours. This means that even if one reader shows nothing new, I still have a second chance at finding something to read. It's kind of a pain to mark as read the ones I've already looked at on the other site, but I'm finding it hard to give up that extra chance at procrastination...

Lifehacker is really not fulfilling its professed aim of saving me time. Yesterday it linked to iLike, which puts music recommendations directly in itunes (I haven't tried it yet), but the iLike site was down and they had a placeholder set up with links to things to amuse you while they fixed the problem. One of the links was to Lemmings, which I haven't played since grade 8, when my school diary was filled with level codes. I just played the first 21 levels and only stopped because my connection started playing up.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

This isn't going to help your procrastination, but I found a game a lot like lemmings in the weekend that I played for hours: Scribble.

It's very easy, but so cute you can't stop playing.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger kermitthefrog said...

Oh my god. I am so hooked on lemmings.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm sorry Kermit and wolfa! And damn you, Styley :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home