(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, November 05, 2006

project 365: catching up

I haven't given up on this just yet (nor the NaBloPoMo thing - the book post was technically posted yesterday; am I allowed to fix its time stamp?).
Friday's photo is part of a before and after set. I came into the lab one day to find all my blue tape missing and an oddly shaped thing sitting on my desk. Apparently, a labmate's husband who had accompanied her to lab on a weekend got bored while waiting.

before
after

The first time I came to the US on holiday, my friends and I probably ended up with several hundred photos of squirrels between us. I've been here three years now, but I'm still tempted to take a million photos of squirrels every time I have my camera. They're so cute! I have a feeling that will be harder to resist now that I'm trying to take photos every day... Here's one pretending to be a chameleon:

squirrel

4 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lived in the US all my life (except when I was an exchange student in germany), and I still LOVE squirrels. I love chipmunks too. They captivate me.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger post-doc said...

I love squirrels too! But I won't confess to how long it took me to find that one in the picture. :)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger ceresina said...

Okay, I sympathize that all your blue tape is gone -- but look! a sleeping bag for a seal pup!
And the chameleon squirrel is really good too.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Yay! So you won't mind if I post lots and lots of squirrels? :)
I'm leaving the seal in his sleeping bag, too, because he is cute that way. Or maybe I'll use him as a tape dispenser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home