(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Friday, December 08, 2006

how odd

I had a therapy appointment this morning. I thought I'd actually made it on time, for a change, but I'd confused the time I needed to be there with the time I needed to leave my apartment, so I was 15 minutes late. That wasn't a great start, and I didn't feel any better or less paralysed than usual. But, then I eventually answered her first question (in a mumbled sentence fragment, but still...). And then I kept slowly and quietly mumbling answers to her questions. The answers weren't enough to actually let her understand anything she was asking about, but at least I kind of said something. I got really uncomfortable when she started saying what a pleasure it was to have me actually attempt to communicate, though.
I have no idea why I managed to answer some questions today. She thought it was because I hadn't seen her in a month, so I'm not seeing her again for another month. I'm not convinced. Maybe it's the celexa. Or maybe it's the haircut.

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger pjm said...

Definitely haircut. ;-)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Yup. It's the haircut. I told you it was going to make you all-powerful and solve all your problems :)

Congratulations!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger kermitthefrog said...

Perhaps the haircut, combined with the woman from the procrastination group? (That is, perhaps feeling like your therapist isn't the only option allows you to talk more freely, because there's less hanging on the interaction?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home