(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, December 24, 2006

non-compliance

I only had half a dose of Celexa left on Thursday, but I forgot to pick up the new prescription. I forgot again yesterday, and today, so now I won't have any until Tuesday. I wonder if I could just stop taking it and thus avoid going back to the psychiatrist again...
I never like taking meds because either they have no effect at all, or I notice some slight improvement, but am still convinced it's due to other factors, so I want to stop taking them to test that hypothesis. I haven't given in to the urge to experiment before. The previous times I've thought I noticed a change, it didn't seem to last long, anyway. I have just stopped taking whatever I was on the past two summers, mainly because students in my department get a medical allowance during the school year, but I resent paying for meds myself when they aren't doing anything. Otherwise, the path of least resistance is just to take the things. It's easier to feel okay when it's warm and sunny, anyway. Maybe I should try a SAD lamp. If only they sold those at the campus pharmacy...

3 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Otherwise, the path of least resistance is just to take the things.

No, Lucy. The path of least resistance is to take nothing.

Do nothing. Take nothing. Say nothing. It works.

Try it.

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy - be careful aout stopping cold turkey sometimes those medicines need to be gradually tapered off - dr or pharm should know and some pharm should be open the 24th 25th

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Twirly, I know I shouldn't just stop, but there really isn't anything I can do until Tuesday, since the prescription was faxed directly to a pharmacy that is closed until then.

One way, doing nothing works how?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home