(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, December 24, 2006

non-random bullets of christmas spirit

I was feeling very unChristmassy on Friday, so I've been trying to fix that this weekend. So far I have:
  • made a Christmas cake
IMG_6671
  • done Christmas shopping for the people I'll be seeing
  • ignored Christmas shopping for friends at home...
  • failed to find a gingerbread man cookie cutter big enough to put faces on anywhere
  • made over 100 gingerbread kids, stars and Christmas trees, instead
IMG_6655IMG_6662trees
  • cooked ratatouille and couscous salad to take to Christmas lunch tomorrow (what? are they not traditional Christmas foods?)
  • bought one of my favourite picture books for the daughter of the people who are hosting lunch tomorrow
  • called a bunch of people to say Merry Christmas (I was going to call some more, but the phone phobia got the best of me after the first few)
  • sent e-cards to everyone at home
  • designed a t-shirt for Ned Vizzini (that's not exactly Christmassy, but it was amusing)
  • iced the cake
IMG_6674

Unfortunately, I didn't finish the cookies in time to go look at the pretty lights again, but that's okay. I went on a tour last week.
IMG_6647

Do you think Christmas elves will come and clean up the kitchen for me now?
IMG_6667IMG_6668

Merry Christmas and/or happy public holiday to everyone! :)
booktree

8 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Merry Christmas! Your gingerbread and Christmas cake look fantastic!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Those cookies and Christmas cake look awesome! (Dangit, why do I always have to be styley's echo?)

Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Merry Christmas, Lucy! That cake looks scrumptious!

(Echo... echo... echo...)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll echo that too--LOVE the cake! (Merry Christmas!)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

Those treats look fantastic!

Merry Christmas. :)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ned Vizzini said...

so what's up with my tshirt . i am trapped in Prague, see blog for more, and if you want to contact me about shirt please do so at http://nedvizzini.com/contact/ because i am also locked out of Gmail things are NOT GOOD

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Ned, I have no idea what's up with your shirt. I assume the nice cafepress people are making it for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home