don't want to work
I made it to lab by 10am this morning, so I was hopeful it was going to be a good day. I even had a specific list of things to do. Admittedly, they were the same things that had been on my list since Thursday, but today was going to be different.
8 hours later, I have had a somewhat productive day, but all the productivity was focussed on non-work things. I've looked up all the things on my non-work list and posted my project 365 photo and figured out how to get my laptop to work on the lab network, but I haven't crossed anything off my to do list. I kept looking for something to add a tick to on my joe's goals page, but that wasn't enough motivation to actually get me to do a whole half an hour's work (I think I managed about 15 before a small hurdle demoralised me enough to give up).
I only just realised that getting my computer on the network meant I could actually start using the Kiwi Cloak myself, but luckily I installed it at 5.57pm and yahoo mail's ajaxy goodness seems to let me read messages before the script gets around to blocking it*, so I haven't faced a lack of internet yet.
Now I'm thinking of going home and trying to work there. Our internet is broken (until Wednesday!) so I won't even have 10 minutes an hour of online distraction there, although I can always find offline distractions, I suppose.
*Google reader is also perfectly functional unless I reload the whole page! This is not good... It's also not good that my first instinct on being faced with no fun internet was to open spider solitaire, which I haven't played in weeks.
2 Comments:
I also found Spider Solitaire that much more attractive once Kiwi Cloak came online. But I think overall it's still added up to less time wasted.
Tsk, Phantom! you commented at 1.12 :)
You're right; I should reactivate it, since I'm not getting much done today. I did work for half an hour, but then I took a break to add a tick to my joe's goals page, which has turned into a 15 minute blog-reading break...
Post a Comment
<< Home