happy
B* just posted, noting that she doesn't blog as much when she's happy. I think the same might be true of me. I haven't been posting as much this month, now that things are going better for me, and most of the things I have posted have been things I've been worried about. This means that the blog hasn't really been representative of how I've been feeling in general.
I think I don't tend to blog when I'm happy because I'm less likely to obsessively analyse why I'm feeling that way, in case I start remembering things that aren't going so well. When I'm not feeling so good, though, I somehow think it might help to figure out exactly what the problem is, although it doesn't usually make me feel any better. Encouraging and supportive comments do help, though, so maybe that's another reason.
Maybe I need to try to come up with happy things to blog about, because I'm kind of missing being more active here and interacting with all of you.
7 Comments:
I miss having you around, but I'm thrilled that it's because you're doing so well. I'd love to read happy posts if you have time to write them, but I wanted to let you know that I'm equally supportive and encouraging when you're having good moments. Yay for you! :)
Thanks. :) I do have a Plan update coming up this week, at least. Hopefully, I can adjust the way I use the blog so that I can find interesting positive things to talk about.
I've kind of been hoping that we haven't been hearing about you because you've been happier. That's good news! Also, I kind of assumed that the trips to the gym were good signs -- of positive self care.
i hardly blogged about happy things - and when i did i felt like pollyanna. so i understand. but like everyone else - i'm glad that the reason you aren't posting is a good one. and keep up the gym trips - that's awesome!
I understand that pandas make an excellent happy-blogger post topic.
Good idea, Phantom! Thanks :)
PANDAS! YAY!
Post a Comment
<< Home