(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Monday, January 29, 2007

polar bears!


Update: Cute Overload is totally helping out the happy bloggers today. Not only do they have 18 baby pandas you can name (maybe one of them can be Bright Star), but also this adorable baby polar bear from Berlin Zoo.

Phantom suggested that pandas are a good subject for happy posts, but polar bears are the animals I can spend hours watching at the zoo (or tigers or brown bears, I guess). I would love to go on one of these trips to see wild polar bears. I don't have any of the hundreds of photos I've taken of polar bears (I literally have spent hours watching them) on my computer, but here are some other people's cute photos. Plus, polar bear cam! There's also a wild polar bear cam, but the bears have moved on for this year. Highlights are here.


Nice day for a swim.
Originally uploaded by Kath B.



Polar Bear Cub
Originally uploaded by JnL.




Polar Bear Cub
Originally uploaded by JnL.



Nap Time
Originally uploaded by JnL.

5 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Polar Bears at the Alaska Zoo are online at:

http://www.alaskazoo.org/polbrcamhome.htm

Watching them always makes me happy.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks! It doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Maybe there are too many other polar bear lovers hogging all the bandwidth. I guess I'll just have to keep obsessively reloading :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Ooooo! Polar bears make me almost as happy as panda bears!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Yay, polar bears! I've always been tempted to go on the polar bear-watching tour in Manitoba. (True story: in the province next to my home province, you can watch polar bears.)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

It's so fun that we both got the baby photos of our favorite bears from Cute Overload!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home