(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Saturday, February 03, 2007

30 stars + 2

So, I got my thirty gold stars, but I still haven't figured out a reward. I should have had something planned for that day, because now I'm less inclined to do anything about it. I'm not very good at rewarding myself...
Anyway, I'm back to 2 stars now. The new plan is to still go to the gym, but then make a plan for the day (which I've mostly been doing, although I often then ignore it) and do something productive for half an hour before I check my email. I was thinking that would be harder on weekends, but I'm going to count emailing people at home as productive, and I went grocery shopping this morning.
I'm actually not going to have trouble keeping from checking my email at home now, because my laptop screen just died. For a while now it's been pink for a few seconds after starting up, then yesterday the image suddenly started jumping around with staticky lines across it, then last night it would only show a very faint outline of the windows so I couldn't see anything. Luckily, it had its jumping fit while I was showing my advisor something on it, so maybe he'll repeat his previous offer to get me a new computer...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

*ahem* I thought we already discussed what your reward should be.

Good job!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

But you weren't definitive enough, sheepish. If you tell me what to do, maybe I'll do it. :)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Buy panda. Go now.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Oh, right... I forgot about that one. Sadly, I don't think I can afford a panda, unless it's one of these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home