(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Friday, February 09, 2007

good vegetarian

I went to the sushi restaurant for dinner with recruits tonight and I didn't eat any animals. I realised, when I found out that no faculty were going to the dinners, that my problem was with stating an opinion in front of them, rather than more generally. Most of the faculty I've been to fancy dinners with before choose their favourite restaurant and then order for everyone, or recommend dishes. I've ended up trying to eat things that are too spicy for me, thanks to the faculty member who loves szechuan food. I am clearly far too obedient.
Since it was only students, though, I was fine with ordering yummy vegetarian things. I even stuck to the very limited vege appetisers on offer at the event last night where dinner consisted of hunks of meat on sticks. Although, they didn't look at all appetising, anyway. I was a bit tempted to eat the last piece of sushi tonight, since it does seem worse for the poor thing to have died, only to be thrown out, but I didn't.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kirsty said...

I just finished posting to my blog and had to say a sort of reverse snap now I've just read your post. I have now fallen completely off the vegetarian wagon and there's Szechuan spice involved too ; )

Glad you stuck to your guns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home