(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Sunday, April 01, 2007

no sugar: the aftermath

Since eating that first azuki cream puff on Friday, I have eaten (not including breakfasts):

Hi, my name's Lucy and I'm a sugar addict. Give me one sugary thing and apparently, I can't stop. Maybe this has been exacerbated by the fact that I'm in deadline-induced, self-destructive procrastination mode, but I'm considering making the no-sugar thing more permanent.

* From an awesome vegan restaurant "where the animals all live to (something I've forgotten)". It had PETA stickers on the door and animal posters all over the walls (although they weren't ones that were likely to be eaten).

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger StyleyGeek said...

Obviously you must have needed it :)

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm impressed - was it all tasty? when i go off and then back on sugar, it tastes sooooo sickly sweet for a while. yet, i always (sadly) seem to work through it and get to "the other side" (where it tastes yummy again).

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

The sugar or the complete avoidance, Styley? I think the latter.

It did all taste good, Shrinky. This is a problem. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't think it tasted so good when I started eating it again, so that it mightn't require so much will power to avoid. It wasn't all that hard to avoid it completely, though, so maybe I'll just do that except for special occasions.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, but (enabling friend that I seem to be), you did not have *any* sugar today at lunch, right? :)

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Nope, it was all savoury, Luckybuzz. I'm not claiming eating all those fries was a good thing, but at least they weren't sugary. :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger ceresina said...

I *adore* pineapple salsa. And Cadbury creme eggs.
Fine choices for your sugar binge. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home