(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

still procrastinating...

I did do some work, but then I reasoned that finishing the introduction meant I deserved a blog-reading break. That was an hour and a half ago... The annoying thing is that this wouldn't even take that long to finish if I just focussed, which is why I keep procrastinating, really. If only I could convince myself that it is going to take a while and I need to start now. Unfortunately, I just remembered that I'll still have several hours in the morning to work on it.
I also just ate a whole thing of cinnamon bun flavoured ice cream, which wasn't even as good as I was hoping. I'd been feeling good for leaving it in the freezer for several days uneaten (although it wasn't as if I didn't eat other ice cream in that time). At least I ate real food for dinner instead of just eating chocolate, as I was tempted to do.

5 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger post-doc said...

I'm so glad you're back and writing again - I missed you! And I hope your presentation goes very well. :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks :) Considering I just found more problems with my data analysis (not mistakes, at least, just more things I should do), I'm not sure how well it will go, but oh well... I'm not sure why I care so little, but it's a lot less painful than freaking out!

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi lucy...
You don't know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I am graduate student too and I recognized myself through your posts!!!
I wish you good luck with your studies.

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi lucy...
You don't know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I am graduate student too and I recognized myself through your posts!!!
I wish you good luck with your studies.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Thanks, dreams. :) I'm glad you like reading. Good luck with your studies, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home