something very wrong with this picture...
I copied StyleyGeek's idea of keeping track of time for a week (it was only 4 days for me, but I think it was representative enough) and the results are kind of horrifying. See that enormous red wedge? That's 6.25 hours of internet a day. At least work was (a distant) second, with 3.5 hours a day (which was my aim with the stars). Sadly, travel was third, but I don't think I can do anything about that. It should also count for fun reading, though, which even further unbalances the proportions in favour of "fun" stuff.
Unfortunately, a lot of those 6.25 hours of internet aren't actually fun. It would be useful to separate out the worthwhile internet from the times I was just hitting refresh on google reader or Facebook Scrabble... (I just installed this time tracker, so stay tuned for further alarming statistics!) It's also kind of depressing that I have hardly any (real life) social interaction on there. I went to the first meeting of the book club I just joined this week, but that was about it.
If I plot just the time spent at work, it doesn't look quite so bad.
Even if I manage that, I need to figure out what to do with my evenings, other than the other 3.25 hours of internet... I could cook actual meals for a start, I suppose.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home