(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

good things

  • pretty data, 9,216 points of it, in fact

  • curtains (they're kind of ugly, but within an hour of hanging them up, my room was 1.5 degrees warmer, in Celsius, which is more significant, and today it was a balmy 17C/63F in my room!)
  • my new, cosy, down comforter/doona (I made Phantom and her kids hang out in the textiles section of Ikea for far too long while I was indecisive. I'm still not sure I made the right choice of doona cover, either, but I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight, and the stripy sheets still make me happy)



  • friends who are willing to drive to Ikea (and wait for a very late train beforehand and drive in the opposite direction to their own home afterwards to take you and your new bedding home)

  • Jens Lekman, in particular, Jens Lekman as sung along to by small, adorable children

7 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. This post made me vicariously happy. :)

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger post-doc said...

I love the stripey sheets and pretty comforter! Excellent choice.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the sheets and comforter! pretty sheets always make me happy.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Laughing! No, correction: you were embarrassed for far too long in the textiles section of Ikea by the way Phantom and her children were having waaaaaaaaay too much fun with the shopping cart that wouldn't travel in a straight line!

Thanks for coming with us; I never could have handled the Total Overwhelm which is Ikea without your moral support!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger kermitthefrog said...

Those sheets cheered me up. :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

warm is becoming so much more important the last few days, as is cozy.
Cheers

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm glad my sheets cheered other people up, as well. I'm in bed right now all cosy and warm. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home