maybe I should've just bought a hat
When I pulled out my winter things this year, I couldn't find my favourite hat, or my ear-warming headband. Then on Friday, I stuffed my ugly hat in my pocket while walking to the pool and presumably it fell out at some point and so I was left hatless. Last year I bought all the yarn to make a cute hat and scarf, but those will take me a while, so I thought I would make myself a new headband to keep my ears warm in the meantime. I found a pretty pattern with a woven stitch and sat down to watch DVDs while knitting. Two movies later, I'd started and pulled apart 3 attempts at the headband and the resulting beginning looked ugly and brown. So, I pulled it out again and just started knitting a plain ribbed band. The colours look much better when they change gradually, rather than overlapping and blending into brown. It was a lot faster to knit, too. But now that I'm done, I think it's too wide and probably too loose. I bought a whole bunch of this yarn, thinking I might make a jumper out of it, so I'm glad I like the colour after all. I might pull this apart to use for that, but at least my ears will be warm on the way to ice skating in the morning.
1 Comments:
I do like the yarn, though - def. good for a jumper.
Post a Comment
<< Home