(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Saturday, November 10, 2007

progress?

I asked a question in a real seminar for the first time ever last week. I tried to ask another one today, but I was sitting at the back and the people with the microphones refused to look in my direction. I went up to the speaker afterwards to ask, though. Two of them, in fact. I hovered around another person for a bit, but she seemed very involved in conversation, so I gave up.

I also argued with someone who was trying to take my elliptical machine at the gym. He insisted he'd signed up for it until I brought the sheet over with my initials on it. Then I felt kind of bad because he ended up on the machine next to me so I could've just taken that one. Still, he shouldn't have refused to believe me even after I went back and checked the sign-up sheet.

Of course, now I'm hiding in my room, trying to decide if I'm hungry enough to brave the housemates who are in the kitchen... I haven't done my group therapy homework yet either, which was to talk to people I usually ignore at lab.

In unrelated news, is this not the most hideous website you've ever seen?

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asking a question in a seminar is *huge*. I'm actually not sure if I've ever done that....Good for you for asking, and for defending your elliptical! :)

(And that website is terrifying. I actually only spent about .10 of a second on it, and I feel traumatized. So. Much. Stuff....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home