someone really likes Panera
I checked my credit card balance online today and discovered someone had bought two $199 Panera gift cards with my card. It seems like an odd choice to me. I would've thought buying two of the largest possible gift cards would seem more suspicious than some larger item, but apparently not suspicious enough to alert anyone. I was once woken up at 8am on a Sunday by someone from the bank wanting to check an online order was really me (it was). It was a little annoying at the time, but I was glad they seemed to care so much about security.
Now I have to wait until late next week to get a new card, and try to figure out what automatic charges are set up that need to be switched, but it wasn't a big deal to get it sorted out.
The fraud person I spoke to was also concerned about the $95 charge to emusic.com, but sadly that was me just forgetting to cancel my annual subscription before it was automatically charged. I haven't been very good about remembering to download my alloted songs every month, and I haven't even listened to quite a lot of them, so I wanted to stop it. I had a feeling I'd just missed the deadline. Maybe I should cancel next year's payment now so I don't forget again.
1 Comments:
I am glad everything worked out. I had something similar happen with my American Express card. They were really nice about it.
You should make sure that there is nothing funky on your credit report, just to be on the safe side.
Post a Comment
<< Home